Pottstown, PA Personal Injury Lawyers
As you work, take care of your family, and go about your daily tasks, you likely take steps to avoid hurting other people. You keep your eyes on the road, clean up your walkway when it snows, and keep your dog from running loose and potentially hurting people. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case for others—when someone’s negligence leads to another person’s injuries, there may be grounds for a personal injury claim. As a Pottstown victim, you may be able to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Everything starts with finding the right personal injury lawyer for your case. At Kingbird Legal, we pride ourselves on our proactive approach to cases that allows us to put our clients first. Call us at 484-289-4880 to set up a consultation with our team now.
Learn More About the Cases Our Firm Takes
Our in-depth experience in the field of personal injury law allows us to take on a wide range of cases. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are unfortunately very common in Pennsylvania. If you’re involved in a crash on Pennsylvania Route 100, U.S. Route 422, or one of the other roads running through our busy community, you could be entitled to compensation.
- Truck and bus collisions: Bus and truck accidents can cause a significant amount of damage, thanks to these vehicles’ larger size. You may be able to seek compensation from the company in charge of the vehicle’s routes and drivers.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accidents often have tragic outcomes, due to the minimal protection bicyclists have. If you’ve been struck while exploring Pottstown, you may be able to seek help with your expenses.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian collisions are also very dangerous, often resulting in severe or fatal injuries to pedestrians.
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall accidents can be deadly, especially for elderly pedestrians. If a property owner has let their business or home fall into disrepair, you have a claim against them.
- Defective products: Products must meet certain standards before they reach the market. When they don’t, injured consumers can file a claim against the negligent manufacturer or designer.
- Medical malpractice: You trust your care providers to make evidence-based decisions in line with their training and education. When they fall short of this mark, it may be time to consider a personal injury claim.
The Role of Liability and Negligence
Liability is an important part of personal injury claims. In order to recover compensation, you must successfully show that someone else is liable for your injuries. Each individual has an obligation to take reasonable steps to avoid causing harm to others. That means stopping when you see a pedestrian, not using your phone while driving, keeping your dog under your control at all times, and fixing rickety steps that could cause someone to fall—among other things. When people fail to act reasonably, they could be liable for any injuries that follow.
Negligence plays a central role in many cases. When someone does not exercise reasonable caution and their failure leads to another’s injuries, they could be exposed to a personal injury claim. There are numerous ways someone may be negligent—they could text and drive, release a product to the market before testing it for safety, leave debris on the ground in a way that causes others to fall, or take their aggressive dog out in public. When you have proof of someone’s negligence and measurable losses, you may have a viable personal injury claim in Pottstown.
Compensation for Injuries in Pottstown
Personal injury victims may be entitled to compensation for everything they’ve lost in their accident. However, they have to move quickly—the statute of limitations in Pennsylvania is two years from the date of injury, and waiting too long could cost you your lawsuit. If your claim is successful, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Medical care is often the most expensive part of a personal injury claim, regardless of the severity of the injuries. Even getting a broken bone set can cost thousands of dollars. It’s important to track all of your medical expenses after an injury, including medical bills, over-the-counter medications, tolls paid on the way to appointments, mileage to and from appointments, and physical therapy expenses.
- Lost wages: If your injury is serious or requires lots of rest, you’ll likely be forced to take some time off of work. This can be devastating to the average family that lives paycheck to paycheck. You can ask for compensation for your lost wages. If your injury is severe enough to take you out of work permanently, consider asking for compensation for future lost income as well.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is a big part of many personal injury claims. The amount you receive is usually dependent on the severity of your injuries and the extent to which they impact your daily life.
- Property damage: Some types of accidents lead to property damage, including car collisions, motorcycle accidents, and defective product claims. You should be compensated for your damaged or totaled property.
How Our Firm Can Help You
When you choose the team at Kingbird Legal, you can rest easy knowing that we will always advocate for your best interests. No matter which type of personal injury claim you have, you’re going up against an insurance company with a vested interest in denying you fair compensation. We know what it takes to fight back against greedy insurance companies to help our clients get a fair shot at compensation.
From investigating your case and gathering evidence to negotiating with the insurance company and possibly taking your case to court, you can rely on us for every aspect of your case. You can focus on recovering while we tackle your legal needs.
Start Your Pottstown Personal Injury Claim with the Team at Kingbird Legal
Ready to fight for the compensation you’re owed? Let’s talk about your next steps. Call Kingbird Legal at 484-289-4880 or reach out online to set up a consultation at our West Chester office.
Kingbird Legal specializes in representing personal injury victims in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, catastrophic injury cases, wrongful death, premises liability (“slip and fall”) accidents, medical malpractice and defective product cases.