Personal Injury Law Firm
Enduring a personal injury that was someone else’s fault can cause major changes in your life. The immediate physical pain is merely the beginning. You may find yourself unable to work, with medical bills mounting up and other household expenses becoming a source of financial stress. The consequences of such an injury extend far beyond physical discomfort, however. They can impact nearly every facet of your life.
At Kingbird Legal, we understand how disruptive a personal injury can be to both the injured person and their loved ones, and we are here to provide strong legal guidance and support during this difficult time. With over 13 years of experience, we are committed to seeking justice for individuals who have been unjustly impacted by the negligent or reckless actions of others.
Each case is handled personally by our Kingbird Legal team, giving the respect and attention that our clients’ cases deserve. Our team maintains close communication with our clients throughout the legal process, providing frequent updates on the progress of their claims. We represent personal injury victims throughout Pennsylvania, Washington, DC and Maryland.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Kingbird Legal, we represent clients for a wide range of personal injury claims, including but not limited to:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can happen for a myriad of reasons such as distracted driving, speeding, or poor road conditions. Typically, a negligent driver is responsible. Injuries can range from whiplash to broken bones, or even more severe injuries, leading to extensive medical bills and recovery times.
- Commercial Truck Accidents: These involve larger vehicles like semi-trucks or 18-wheelers. Accidents might occur due to overworked drivers, improper vehicle maintenance, or unsecured cargo. Trucking companies, drivers, or maintenance companies could potentially be responsible. Due to their size, these accidents often result in serious, if not life-threatening, injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are vulnerable on the road and accidents can be severe. Common causes include poor visibility, reckless driving, and road hazards. Injuries often include road rash, broken bones, or head injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are susceptible to injuries from vehicles, particularly in urban areas or near busy roads. Accidents can be due to distracted driving, speeding, or failure to yield. The driver is often responsible, but the pedestrian could share some blame if they were not following traffic laws. Injuries can vary widely, from minor cuts and bruises to broken bones or head injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists, like pedestrians, are vulnerable on the roads. Accidents can occur due to distracted driving, failure to yield, or dooring. The driver or even the bicyclist could be at fault if they were not following traffic laws. Common injuries include fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Bus Accidents: Buses can be involved in accidents due to negligent driving, mechanical failures, or dangerous road conditions. Bus companies, drivers, or manufacturers may be held responsible. Because buses often carry many passengers, multiple people could potentially be injured in a single accident.
- Catastrophic Accidents: These are incidents that result in life-altering injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or loss of limbs. These accidents can be caused by a variety of incidents, from vehicle accidents to construction site accidents, and the responsible parties can be just as varied.
Medical malpractice cases stem from healthcare providers’ negligence or failure to meet the standard of care, leading to harm or injury to the patient. These could involve surgical errors, incorrect diagnoses, improper treatment, or medication errors. Kingbird Legal is committed to ensuring that justice is done for victims of medical negligence/malpractice in Pennsylvania.
Wrongful death claims arise when a person’s negligent, reckless, or deliberate actions result in another person’s death. These cases carry profound emotional weight as they represent the loss of a loved one. The deceased person’s family members or estate may seek damages for losses such as loss of companionship, income, funeral expenses, and emotional distress.
Kingbird Legal’s Approach to Personal Injury Cases
Establishing Liability and Building Your Case
The first step we take in any personal injury case is to dig into the details. This means taking a close look at what happened, studying all the evidence, and figuring out who’s at fault. This step is all about getting a clear picture of the situation so the legal strategy can be planned effectively. Once we have a clear understanding of the case, the next step is to put together all the pieces. This includes gathering evidence, noting how the injury has changed our client’s life, and identifying witnesses who can help substantiate the claim.
Preparing for Trial
While we often aim to settle cases out of court when it is in our client’s best interests, we are always ready to litigate the case when necessary. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to argue the case in front of a judge and jury. In each stage, we do everything we can to make sure our clients recover the compensation they deserve.
Damages Recoverable from Personal Injury Claims
When it comes to personal injury claims, compensatory damages are often split into two main categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include:
- Medical Bills: These include costs for hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, medication, and any future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: If an injury prevents you from working, you can claim the income you have missed out on. This also covers reduced earning ability if you can’t perform the same job as before.
- Property Damage: If your personal property (like your car) was damaged in the incident, the repair or replacement costs fall under this category.
Noneconomic damages cover the intangible losses that are more difficult to quantify, and they include:
- Pain and Suffering: This considers the physical pain and emotional distress experienced because of the injury. It acknowledges that injuries affect more than just your wallet.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If your injury stops you from enjoying hobbies or activities you used to love, you should be compensated for this loss.
- Emotional Distress: Serious accidents can lead to psychological impacts like anxiety, depression, or sleep loss. This type of compensation recognizes those effects.
Punitive damages come into play when the person causing the injury was particularly reckless or harmful. The purpose of these damages is not to compensate the victim but to punish the wrongdoer and discourage others from doing the same.
Contact Our Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Kingbird Legal. Navigating the aftermath of a personal injury can be difficult, but you don’t have to go it alone. We’re here to help. Take the first step today by contacting our office for a free, no-obligation consultation and case assessment.
We work on a contingent fee basis. We do not get paid unless you do.
Kingbird Legal specializes in representing personal injury victims in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, catastrophic injury cases, wrongful death, premises liability (“slip and fall”) accidents, medical malpractice and defective product cases.